Release Your Documents

Deeds and Documents Storage

What if I want to permanently retrieve documents which you are holding for me?

We often get asked by clients to return documents to them or to make documents which we are holding available, and we have a quick and easy process to enable this. You will need to complete an application form to release the documents to you and you can obtain the form by contacting the office either by phone or by email to

You will also need to follow the instructions as to how to retrieve the items and to send to us, if necessary, copies of documents to confirm your identity and your right to have the documents back.

If you are already registered with us and paying our annual custody charge, the fee for returning your documents is limited only to the cost of delivering the documents to you. Alternatively, if you are not taking advantage of our custody services then there will be a fee payable to authorise the release, authenticate your identity and right to have the documents and to cover the cost of transmitting the documents to you, securely. You can make payment of the charges electronically to us and we will be happy to advise you of the cost if you contact the office.

If you have any questions, or you require any advice about your documents or the release of them, please call us and ask for our Document Custody Registrar who will be very happy to help.

Perhaps you have some questions?

We set out below some of the more frequently asked questions and answers but please don’t hesitate to call us if you need more help. We are always happy to take your call and deal with any points that concern you. And you only pay once even if you have more than one document or set of deeds to leave with us.

Residential Property Icon

Residential Property

Leasehold Icon

Leasehold Property

Commercial Property Icon

Commercial Property

Legal scroll icon

Private Client

Litigation Icon


Divorce, Separation & Family Law

Deed Document Storage Icon

Deeds & Document Storage