This post is to work in the specialist property department of the business responsible to Solicitors providing a wide range of secretarial services for the firm.
Applicants who can demonstrate core skills in these areas will be given preference.
An element of PA work is necessary in organising diaries, meeting and giving support to the fee earners concerned. The legal work revolves primarily around Leasehold Reform Act Enfranchisement work which is one of the firm’s specialisms. We act for a wide variety of both landlords and tenants, exercising or being subject to enfranchisement rights. It is work which is stimulating and unusual but also subject to strict time limits and the successful candidate will be aware of the importance of ensuring that the firm’s central diary is fully made up, cases are forward planned and that review of those cases with the assigned fee earner is an integral part of the work.
Adcocks also carries out a limited volume of traditional property conveyancing transactional work and support to fee earners working within the specialist property department also handle these types of transactions. Secretarial and administrative support to these fee earners would also be part of the role and dealing with client queries as they arise.
Adcocks presently practices from offices in Lombard Street in Lichfield and the firm has interview offices in West Bromwich where most of the private client work is undertaken. Whilst an understanding of the systems and processes used in property driven client work is desirable, full training will be given to the applicant who can demonstrate a willingness to learn and who is organised, tidy and flexible in their working arrangements.
The duties involved in the role will be audio transcription using digital technology principally for the assigned fee earner but also to provide resource in the wider pool. Copy typing, answering telephone calls for new callers, dealing with the distribution of those calls and preparing file notes of calls from clients and giving out messages. Organisation of the computerised diary, preparation and receipt and sending of emails and work related internet usage. Filing of incoming post, scanning as necessary and file management, organisation of meetings and presentations (acting as a deputy role), file management and organisation. Taking and giving of messages, dealing with new client’s initial enquiries in the absence of the fee earner or new business director. Assisting other members during absence on leave to cover their work and responsibilities.
The duties will involve:-
- Production of letters, forms and documents using digital dictation technology.
- Updating of client and matter databases
- Preparation of letters, emails, documents and forms using the firm’s suite of software based on a client and matter database source.
- Access to and use of Land Registry Direct Portal and other internet based resources supporting the firm’s property department.
- Use of the firm’s standard letters, forms and procedures.
- Use of Outlook express, Excel and Microsoft Word applications
- Filing of incoming post, scanning of incoming documents where necessary and general file preparation and management.
- Arranging client interviews and managing client’s expectations by telephone contact with them and receiving and making telephone calls according to their requirements including taking messages and preparing file notes of those messages.
- Deputising for other resource staff during absence and as appropriate, receiving incoming telephone calls and distributing the same using the firm’s technology.
- Training junior staff and where appropriate supervising such junior staff in respect of the preparation of photocopies, documents, forms and other resources applicable to fee earners.
- Preparation and attendance of power point presentations to landlords and tenants and finalising supporting correspondence and documents.
- Assisting with the firm’s deeds storage facility and updating the registers and online records accordingly.
- Providing secretarial services to a pool of fee earners as time permits.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent keyboard skills
- Well developed IT skills
- Ability to work to a timetable
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility in approach to work and ability to prioritise work
- An eye for detail
- A willingness to promote the firm its ethos and values.
Salary depending on experience. To apply please send your CV to the Assistant Manager, Kirstie Barrett at firstname.lastname@example.org . Applicants shortlisted will be invited to interview with the HR management team.
Fore more information please email your cv to: email@example.com